Describe who you are in 3 sentences:
My name is Alexa Corlett, I am an independent Virgo woman who knows how to balance work and play! I am a part-time model, working full time fora local swimwear company whilst working on my own business venture.
What is your relation to this city?
I’ve been living in Cape Town for 8 years now – it’s the best city in the world.
Being out in the bush amongst the big 5 with no cellphone reception, just feeling the real wildlife sink into your bones. It’s honestly exhilarating.
Hmm, can’t say I’ve had any weird experiences :)
Your top 3 hangout spots?
“Beta beach”. Otherwise “Clifton 2nd beach” is my second best choice! “Up Yours” at YOURSTRULY and “The Grand” on the beach.
- “The Cousins” for the best pasta in Cape Town.
- “Erawan” in Wynberg for delicious authentic Thai food.
- Love the “El Burro Tacqueria” for some quick and easy tacos.
Best date place?
Definitely start off at “The Secret Gin Bar”, then go for a nice dinner at “Villa47” and end off with the best gelato from “Life Unframed” on Kloof Street.
Best Sunday spot?
“La Parada” in Constantia.
If you were to live in another place, where would that be and why?
It would be somewhere tropical, on an island, because I love the sun and the sea
Where is your escape place from this city?
Best 5 local advices?
1. See a concert and picnic in Kirstenbosch Gardens.
2. Watch the sunset from Signall Hill.
3. Go on a roadtrip up east coast – called the Garden route.
4. Go to the Wolfkop Weekender festival in summer.
5. Go on a kayak tour from Mouille Point and paddle with the dolphins.