Tell us about yourself in 3 sentences
My name is Mariana, you can find me in Nosara, love the contrast of the tropics and the city. Always in the look of new adventures, outdoor connections and new surf spots.
Your work and passion?
I'm an interior designer, my passion is creating concepts and bringing in to life. Founder & design director of Cola Blanca Studio.
What is your relation to this city?
I was born and raised in San Jose.
Diving with the sound of whales
Your top 3 hangout spots?
- When low tides, try the natural pools at Guiones Sur
- Golfo, Playa pelada, cozy spot for sunset
- Perozah, Playa Garza, best vibes
- Brunch: Black bird-Picinic (San Jose) / Destiny (Nosara)
- Lunch: Zona (San jose) / El Buho vegetariano (San jose) / La Luna (Nosara)
- Dinner: En boca- La esquina de buenos aires (San José) / Coyol (Nosara) / Koji’s (Santa Teresa)
Best date place?
Picnic at Playa Barrigona
Best Sunday spot?
- Hike to Pico Blanco mountain and ending with a breakfast in Raw (San Jose)
- Rent a surf board with a local surfshop and fall in love with magic feeling of being in the ocean. (Nosara)
Where do you go shopping?
Depending what I’m looking for but try to support local business as much as I can.
- Tiempo real (San jose)
- Yasmine (Nosara)
Where is your escape place from this city?
I am from Sjo but actually living in Nosara, so my escape is to Santa Teresa or actually fly out.
Best 5 local advices?
1. Walk Barrio Escalante. Visit satisfactory gallery- have a nice wine in Apotecario (San jose)
2. Boat trip + picinic to Playa Rosada (Nosara)
3. Rent a car to Puerto Viejo, walk to Manzanillo and finish with a Rice & beans at Maxis.
4. Don’t miss Matapalo, beautiful place for explore wild life and stunning beaches.
5. If you are a surfer don’t miss Pavones experience.
What’s your favorite This Way product?
Line up Surf block and Organic pura vida balm, essential products.