My name is Taylor Alexandria, I am the founder of sustainable heaadwear/lifestyle brand, Bands by Taylor Alexandria. Through @bandsbyt.a my goal is to make people feel more beautiful than they already are from inside out. Fitness, fashion, travel, music, family and plant based living are my forever passion and what drives everything I do. I teach pilates and barre fitness in Miami as well as design the retail for each pilates studio. I have been plant based for the last 15 years and enjoy finding the best spots to wine, dine, and catch a lil vibe in. I enjoy living in the moment and have a problem saying no to spontaneous adventures.
What is your relation to this city?
I grew up in Maryland. Went to college at USF in Tampa. I lived in Miami for 2 years 2015 + 2016. I left to move back to NYC then L.A. While living in L.A., I had a layover in Miami and never wanted to go back to L.A. again. I moved back to Miami the next week. I have lived here now for 3 years. My company and warehouse are here as well as 2 of my 3 brothers. I love the international culture here, the electric energy, healthy lifestyle, balmy beaches, carefree mentality, the community and how booming it is for small businesses here. It's the best.
Great question. Hard to pick just one! From the sunrise and sunset runs on the beach. To the full moon yoga on the beach with friends. To the nights that go from just dinner to salsa dancing in a Cuban speakeasy into the wee hours of the night. Favorite experience here is the people you meet. You never know who you will run into, the friends you will make or what random fun adventure you will get yourself into... also, my best friend was in town for a month from Italy. I stayed with her for the month at the Faena hotel. I got to live like a true vacationer in my own city. We had the absolute time of our lives. Drank the best wine, the best food, best workouts. All of it.
My first month living in Miami. I went for a run on the beach in Sunny Isles. Most beautiful run, empty beaches. I noticed one area ahead was super packed. I thought to myself "wow that must be a packed resort or hotel." As I got closer and ran through the packed area. Everyone was naked. It was a good two blocks of naked people. I was so confused. I never ran back so fast lol! later found out it is the only fully nude beach in Miami. Go figure.
Your top 3 hangout spots?
Faena Miami Beach, Plant Miami, Soho House
- Living Room @ Faena Miami Beach
- Plant Miami
- Abba Telavivian Kitchen
- Pura Vida
- Tanuki Miami
Best date place?
Lido Restaurant at the Surf Club
Best Sunday spot?
Soho Beach House or boat day with friends
If you were to live in another place, where would that be and why?
Puglia, Italy or Calabria, Italy. For it's beauty and culture. I have family in Italy and would like to submerge myself back in the culture. La dolce vita!
Where is your escape place from this city?
To coconut grove, Key Biscayne, the Breakers or to my older brother's house in Palm Beach!
Best 5 local advices?
1. 90% of people in Miami speak Spanish. I don't speak it but it's pushed me to try to learn it. Embrace it and don't be shy to practice your spanish with your uber driver.
2. Balance! In Miami there is something fun to do every night, from dinners to exclusive events. Prioritize yourself and learn how to say no. The party will always be there.
3. Miami is home to some of the most backwards drivers in the US. Instead of getting mad for someone cutting you off, 99% of the time it was an accident or they didn't notice. No one knows how to drive here.
4. Don't sleep on the hidden gems you can find in Calle Ocho, Little Haven or Little Haiti.
5. Everyone in Miami is beautiful and home of luxury car rentals. Don't be fooled, embrace the beauty and culture. Just have fun!
6. Make it a point to schedule beach time and enjoy Miami's beautiful beaches!
What’s your favorite This Way travel product?
I love This Way's Silk Robe with the matching Silk Sleeping Mask. Especially when traveling I can't sleep without the eyemask! Beauty sleep essentials ;)