Describe who you are in 3 sentences
My name is Almudena Bentin, born in the mystic lands of Peru, world discoverer, yogini and climate actionist. Community builder and ocean cleaner, understanding the work-life balance, I spend my days visualizing positive change, learning new things and sharing a sustainable message where I can.
What is your relation to this city?
Born and raised in mystic Lima, spent the first 18 years there and after I moved to Italy. Still deeply connect to my roots so I spend 2-3 months a year there.
Hiking to the Laguna 69 in Huaraz & Surfing the north coast
Having 'cuy' for the first time in the Andes mountains, initially motivated to try such local delicacy but then easily discouraged after having those lil animals brought to the table all ovened and herbed up. Looking up to the cook without being able to pass on the dish we had to finish up to the last 'cuy' on the tray.
- Osaka: our take on sushi and Nikkei a MUST
- El Mercado: fun and highly recommended for lunch with friends & family
- La Picanteria.
- Maido: ranked top 5 in the world, an innovative take on Peruvian cuisine.
If you were to live in another place, where would that be and why?
Lisbon, Bali, Santa Teresa, or off the coast of Mexico.
Next to the sea where the sun shines and nature speaks to you. With a warm local culture and healthy local cuisine.
Where is your escape place from this city?
The mighty Andes or Mancora
Best 5 local advices?
1) Breakfast and promenade around the Barranco district
2) Surfing session down at Costa Verde
3) A Pisco Sour overlooking ancient tombs in the residential area in Lima, La Huaka
4) Think twice before taking public transport & stay safe
5) Don’t miss out on the local dessert called ‘Churros’
What’s your favorite This Way travel product?
SPF face cream 35 with tint - smooth and with a touch of cover!