I'm a beachwear designer travelling between London, Bequia and Stockholm. I always loved to travel and work with design concepts, hence I've been in the product development busniess most of my life. I believe life is all about exploring, having fun and doing good.
What is your relation to this city?
My beach wear brand was born here. I came here the first time 4 years ago, when my boyfriend took me on a holiday and to meet his dad who lives here and runs Bequia Beach Hotel.
So many great experiences! But first time landing on the island with a small propeller plane is by far the most memorable one, meeting the lovely customs staff at the very small and charming airport. The people on the island really makes the island.
Visit "Moonhole" - an eclectic village built in to the cliffs relying on solar cells and rain water, from pictures I've seen it reminds me of the Flintstones..
Your top 3 hangout spots?
- "Jack's Beach Bar" from noon to evening (try their famous Soursop Colada)
- "Mac's Pizza" in the evening for the atmosphere (and they have lobster pizza)
- "Chameleon Café" for the best coffee on the island.
"Sugar Reef" have the best local flavours with lots of coconut on their menu!
Best date place?
"Bagatelle" at Bequia Beach Hotel have a very romantic setting.
Best Sunday spot?
Princess Margaret Beach where the water is still and crystal clear. Purchase a beer from Fay and get the latest gossip from the Island.
If you were to live in another place, where would that be and why?
I already have so many places to call home, but I would love to live in sunny Sydney.
Where is your escape place from this city?
When the island fever is sneaking up - London is where you'll find me.
Best 5 local advices?
1. Bare foot dance to Kyron at the nearest bar
2. Sail to Tobago Cays for the best snorkelling
3. Support the The Old Hegg Turtle Sanctuary by a visit
4. Hike mount Peggy for a breathtaking view of the Z-shaped island
5. Visit Pent house at least one time in your life, Bequia's one and only nightclub located on a street outside a small shelter